MembershipCommittee | GNOME Foundation Renewal - Nick Richards (#119)

Title: GitLab

nick richards created an issue #119:

Personal details

If you own a GNOME Account already, please provide your account name (UID) instead of providing the above requested information.

1886200179

Contributions

Becoming a Foundation member requires the applicant to have made a non-trivial amount of contributions to any of the GNOME Project contribution categories including code, translations, advocacy, infrastructure, outreach and documentation. This can include contributions to the main GNOME project or GNOME Circle projects. Processing will be much quicker if you provide links. Please tell us whether you were an existing Foundation member or have done something relevant for the GNOME Foundation in the past.

I am an existing foundation member and I work trying to improve the Linux desktop for application developers. I primarily do this at Flathub, where I am one of the admins, testing and approving new applications and ensuring that existing applications continue to work and that developers are supported to reach users directly with their code.

Upstream code contributions are usually around improvements to appdata to aid application discovery for users within GNOME Software and other software stores e.g. GNOME/recipes@2e2dc4c1

Within the period I have given talks with travel sponsorship from the GNOME Foundation such as this talk at LAS https://www.nedrichards.com/2019/11/linux-application-summit-2019/