MembershipCommittee | Emeritus Status request for Mario Sánchez Prada (msanchez) (#77)

Title: GitLab

Mario Sanchez Prada created an issue #77:

Personal details

GNOME Account name (UID): msanchez

Description

I have been a proud member of the GNOME Foundation since January 2011, when I joined because of my contributions as part of my job at Igalia (accessibility, WebKitGTK+, libsoup) and my work in Frogr (see details below). Then I got more and more engaged with GNOME (GUADECs did help a lot on that!) and eventually moved to Endless (in 2014), where I kept contributing to different parts of GNOME as part of my job there at the same time that felt more and more connected with the GNOME community.

However, these days I'm mostly focused working on the Chromium project as part of my job at Igalia (which I rejoined in 2018) and, between that and the scarce spare time for personal projects I currently have out of work hours (and which I mostly spend with family & kids these days), I don't really foresee an steady stream of contributions from my side other than the eventual bugfix here and there, as well as general maintenance of Frogr.

For this reason, I'd like to request Emeritus Status so that I can keep my affiliation with GNOME, as well as my msanchez gnome org email alias, which I still use in several places these days. Also, I'd like to keep if possible write access to GitLab or at the very least to the Frogr repository, so that I can keep maintaining that project (even if it's at a very low pace). Finally, if I could keep my blog syndicated in Planet GNOME, that would be awesome as well (I've syndicated a tag, not the full blog, so I can still control what goes there and what doesn't).

Anyway, this is not a goodbye and I do hope that later on in the future I'll be requesting to become a full member again, but for the time being it feels to me like requesting to become Emeritus (+ write access to at least the Frogr repository + keeping my blog in Planet GNOME) would be the best thing for me.

Looking forward to hearing from you, thanks a lot for processing my application!

Contributions

...and perhaps some other things I'm failing to remember now, I guess 🙂