Re: Interest in joining the board of directors of the GNOME foundation

Hi Pratham,

The first step to becoming a board member is by gaining for your GNOME Foundation membership. You can become a member once you start contributing and working to help the foundation and the GNOME project. Once you have a sizable amount of contributions you can apply for membership, and the membership committee will decide your membership status. Once a member, you will get all the perks of membership including a blog, email address, travel sponsorship, and the ability to vote or run in Foundation elections.

Given your interest at such a young age, I'd say you definitely have what it takes to be a future board member! For now, I'd focus on school and contributing to GNOME wherever you find passion, and that will allow you to work towards your membership. Then, in a future election cycle, you should 100% put your name down as a candidate for the Board of Directors! :-)

-Britt Yazel