Re: [gnome.org #17069] Application received from Muhammet Kara (muhammetk AT gmail.com)

Hi Andrea,

That's because I haven't been doing translation myself recently. Instead, I
coordinate the team, and try to onboard, and train the new members. And I
focus more on the engagement side for the local community.

Here is an event from last year (GNOME's presence there was organized by
me, and I also gave a talk, and ran the GNOME booth):
https://wiki.gnome.org/Events/OYLG/19
A tweet from the event (I am the one in the middle):
https://twitter.com/ozguryazilimgun/status/1127142169800794112

And here is another booth from last year (I am again in the middle):
https://twitter.com/gnome/status/1125415366434402308

3.32 release party, again organized by me:
https://twitter.com/gnometurk/status/1108307193751920645

GNOME Türkiye telegram group, created and administered by me:
https://t.me/gnometr

GNOME Türkiye twitter account, created and administered by me:
https://twitter.com/gnometurk

GNOME Turkish translation team coordinated by me:
https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/tr/
-Please check the 99% completeness for the last few releases. It doesn't
happen magically. :) And review & coordination of this effort is usually
harder than only doing translation.-

And probably more, smaller things here and there, I don't remember at the
moment.

In short, whenever a chance to spread the love of GNOME in Turkey, I try to
be there, by mentoring, by running booths, by giving talks, by
training/onboarding newcomers, by lobbying[0] for GNOME...

Please don't hesitate to ask if you need more info or verification.

Best,
Muhammet

[0] Recently, national distro of Turkey (Pardus) has started switching to
GNOME, and it has been internally decided to be installed on more than 160K
units. I am looking forward to the publicity and hopefully also
contributions which will come from there to GNOME. This didn't happen by
chance either. (You may search my name in the #engagement channel of GNOME
chat for some context.)

Andrea Veri via RT <membership-applications gnome org>, 17 Şub 2020 Pzt,