New guidelines for GNOME Foundation committees

Dear Membership & Elections Committee,

As you might be aware, the GNOME Foundation is governed by its bylaws
[1]. This is a legal document which specifies how we must operate as
an organisation. In the past, we haven't always done a great job at
following the bylaws. However, we are much better now and are
tightening up our processes all the time.

As part of this effort, the board wants to make sure that our
committees are following the Foundation bylaws.

To this end, we have created some short guidance on "expectations for
committees" [2]. These cover the requirements in the bylaws, as well
as generic operating principles for committees.

Please take a minute to read through the expectations and ask any
questions or clarification. We'd love to hear your feedback!

As we move forward, we'd like to ensure that every committee has
recorded meeting minutes. If you can put that in place and point to
the minutes on your wiki page, that would be fantastic! We'll check
back in to see how you're getting on.

Many thanks,

Allan Day
Vice-President, GNOME Foundation Board of Directors
--
[1] https://www.gnome.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/bylaws.pdf
[2] https://wiki.gnome.org/Foundation/Committees