Re: [gnome.org #17000] Application received from Valentin David (me AT valentindavid.com)

Hi,

Valentin has done a fair deal of work on the freedesktop-sdk that much
of the release team work depends upon. Some of said work was carried
as a direct request from us, and can be considered GNOME contribution.

To be frank and objective, I would give a +0.5. It's not that I don't
trust him or something, but he has a quite big direct contribution
waiting to be reviewed [1]. Had this request come a few months later,
it would have been a definite +1 from me.

There has been some misunderstanding regarding this request too,
confusing account creation and foundation membership. Still, I think
rejecting this request would give a bad signal.

Given how the situation turned out, +1 from me too.

Regards,

Abderrahim

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-build-meta/merge_requests/449