Your help needed to define guidelines for the foundation committees

Hi membership committee,

On the board we are trying to draw up guidelines for each committee of the GNOME Foundation, specifying the committee's responsibilities and how the committee relates to the board and the Foundation members. The idea is to promote transparency and accountability. Since the committees all do very different work, we expect that the guidelines will be slightly different for each committee so we would like to get your input.

I'd appreciate your opinions on the questions below. You don't have to answer all of them exhaustively, but we'd like to use your input as much as possible. If you have differing opinions within the committee about any of these, I'd also appreciate hearing the pros and cons that you see.

Regular Activity
- What are the activities of the committee, and where are they defined and kept up to date?
- What is the definition of an active/inactive committee member?
- How does the committee keep its members active?
- What is a reasonable response time for time-sensitive inquiries and requests from the GNOME community?

Reporting and Transparency
- What should be the responsibility of the chair of the committee?
- How often should the committee meetings be?
- How and where are the committee meeting minutes published?
- Whose responsibility is it to keep committee membership up-to-date?

Relationship with Board
- How and how often should the committee report to the board? Last time we mentioned once every 6 months, but I would like your input.
- What would you like the board liaison's responsibilities to be in the committee?
- What should the board do if the committee goes silent, or there are other issues with the membership?

Thanks!

Carlos Soriano,
On behalf of the GNOME board