Re: Proposal for an Events Code of Conduct and Policy Referendum

Hi Tobias,

On Sat, 2018-04-21 at 15:12 +0200, Tobias Mueller wrote:
[SNIP]
Am I right in assuming that you would not pursue a referendum if the
board does not further decide on the current draft?

You are right that this would render many of my reasons to push for a
referendum (or an alternative) obsolete. However, I do not believe that
this is a feasible solution considering that there are good chunks of
the community who are strongly in favour of the Foundation regulating
events in this way.

[SNIP]

You have another interesting mechanism at your disposal that we used in
2012: You can ask for amendment of the bylaws to include provisions that
you desire, cf. Article XVII:
https://people.gnome.org/~tobiasmue/bylaws2012/bylaws.html#amendments

While interesting, I am unsure as to how it applicable to this case.

Benjamin