Re: Some notes on this years election

Hi,

what you wrote makes me doubt the decision even more. You have simply
dismissed my argument rather than properly arguing why the decision of
the election committee was correct and on what basis it was done.

You are basically arguing that the purpose was to allow inclusion of
late submissions of candidacy. I am baffled by this and I don't see how
the election committee can do that. The point is that it is impossible
to proof that your decision was entirely independent of the late
candidacy that arrived between the announcement and end of deadline.
This gives the impression that the election committee may be giving out
favours to people they want to see on the board.

Imagine that next year we have 10 candidates and of these one is a few
hours late. How would this years decision affect such a situation in
the future?

Also, I do *not* concur with the reasoning that a couple of days should
not be enough to change someone's mind. You are making assumptions
about the motives of people to run/not run which I don't see any reason
to believe in. There may be plenty of people who feel that they are
capable (compared to current board members/candidates), who know quite
well what they would be getting themselves into and know that they are
able to make the time. But exactly *because* they know it requires a
lot of commitment they are hesitating to put in their candidacy and
would prefer other people to step forward first.

Benjamin