Re: Preliminary Results - GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Elections 2016

Hi.

On Fr, 2016-06-10 at 21:05 +0200, Andrea Veri wrote:
Which of the rules mentioned at [1] were not respected in your
opinion?
That's the wrong question to ask, because you are references an
irrelevant address.

The bylaws require the elections to be carried out adhering to the
rules laid out on http://foundation.gnome.org/electionrules.html.

The election, however, was not carried out according to those rules.
It has been, however, carried out according to other rules not listed
on mentioned address.

If it had been carried out according to the rules mentioned, then
people were denied voting although they were eligible according to §3.
These people could demand to cast their vote.  And I couldn't explain
why they shouldn't be granted their right if I was asked. So that's why
I said that I think we'd better have a "(not overly creative)
explanation of how to fit the execution of the election to the bylaws."

Also, I'd rather point the redirection to 2017 now rather than trying
to give the impression that it pointed to 2016, so that next year is
safe.

Cheers,
  Tobi