Re: [gnome.org #14806] Application received from Anivar A Aravind (anivar.aravind AT gmail.com)

On വ്യാഴം 19 മാര്‍ച്ച് 2015 06:36 വൈകു, Andrea Veri via RT wrote:
Dear Balasankar C and Ani,

The GNOME Membership Committee is about to process Anivar's
application to become a GNOME Foundation Member and therefore need some
feedback about the applicant and their work on GNOME, both past and present.

Remember that vouching for a contributor means you really think the applicant
is committed to GNOME and will carry on contributing in the  future, and that
you trust the applicant and their work. If unsure about vouching or not, please
let us know why you don't feel comfortable enough in advocating this applicant.

For further details about the applicant, feel free to have a look at the
their application at the following link:

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2015-March/msg00007.html

Thanks,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee

Happy to know that Anivar applied for GNOME Foundation membership. I have known him for past few years
through his various language-computing related activities for Malayalam language. He has been contributing
consistently to GNOME Malayalam localization (and various other projects like Mozilla, Diaspora etc) and is a
member of the Malayalam team. In addition to being an excellent translator himself, he has been mentoring in
various localization camps that we (malayalam community) have conducted.  He was the co-ordinator of FUEL
localization meetups conducted this year as part of standardizing the Malayalam words to be used in
translations. Also, he has played important roles in various government-level policy making activities. I
think Anivar has everything that is needed to be a GNOME foundation member and vouch him whole heartedly.

--
Regards
Balasankar C