Re: [gnome.org #14257] Application received from Pierre-Yves Luyten (py AT luyten.fr)

Hello,

Thanks for your answer. Seems email is the proper way to provide you
these information.

"Bijiben", or Notes as of today, is clearly my main contribution. Due to
help of Cosimo Ceccchi and Debarshi Ray, it was integrated as a module
at release 3.8
(https://help.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.8/more-apps.html)
For example, it is the default note editor into Fedora when GNOME is
installed. But it should be the same with other distributions.

I'm the only maintainer for now, but some contributors have raised like
Bastien Nocera, Yosef Or Boczko. Allan is often helping me with bugs
reports related to design.
A student did apply to Google summer of code and I will mentor him -
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/project/details/google/gsoc2014/chunyang/5649050225344512
(Actually mentoring him might be my biggest contribution next months)

So part of my motivation is due to the fact i'm maintaining Notes from
more than a year, and part is due to this summer of code.
I will come to GUADEC a week end. Also, Allan Day suggested me to inlude
my blog into Planet Gnome.

Of course, there is also the "invisible" work, ie, telling people around
me about GNOME and answering questions. But it's not really the point =)

Best whishes,
Pierre-Yves