Current status of the Membership Committee

Hi,

here we go again with another status update for the Membership
Committee:

1. We are close to the elections and we should start planning them
   out. A little meeting should do it I'd say, Tobi can you please
   set up a doodle for that? If that's too much we can set up an
   informal meet up on #membership anytime soon.

2. We're slowly addressing processing renewals and new membership
   requests, from a total of 5 members, just 3 are currently active
   and have processed at least 5 tickets in the past year.

   After gathering some statistics from RT it seems Pedro and Federico
   did not process a single ticket in the past year and I'm therefore
   asking them (yet again) if they are really interested in helping
   out the team or not. Given my previous emails on this matter were ignored
   by both of you I probably feel you aren't too much interested
   in contributing to the team anymore and it would definitely make
   sense to welcome new people onboard to speed things up.

   On this matter, I'm more than happy to propose Kat a position
   on the committee. She's been doing an amazing work on multiple
   positions on the GNOME community and everyone knows how deeply
   she cares about keeping things up and running in every single
   team she works in.

3. Please give [1] a look if you didn't already.

Thanks!

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/membership-committee/2014-March/msg00038.html

Andrea

Debian Developer,