[gnome.org #12470] AutoReply: Application received from Olivier Sessink (olivier AT bluefish.openoffice.nl)

Your message about "Application received from Olivier Sessink (olivier AT bluefish.openoffice.nl)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #12470].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Olivier Sessink
E-mail: olivier AT bluefish.openoffice.nl
git.gnome.org username (if any):

I'm the author of two gtk/gnome software packages: most importantly Bluefish, and also Directoryassistant.
Bluefish is a "heavy" gtk user, and exploits many different parts of gtk that few other gtk applications
touch. I've found quite some gtk/gio/glib bugs and discuss them on IRC, provide patches, and file bugreports
in bugzilla.

Next to the author of Bluefish I work in a large governement organisation where we use a Gnome desktop for
'basic' usage. We hit the limits often, for example with the number of printers that we have, the number of
groups we have in the directory etc. I give talks and blog about these issues to make developers more aware
of the type of issues that large deployments have to deal with.

Contacts:
Benjamin Otte otte AT gnome.org and Matthias Clasen mclasen AT redhat.com should know me as Bluefish author,
we discussed some issues with the minimum size of the gtkentry widget in gtk-3.2, a recent segfault if a
gtktextview is closed but the gtktextbuffer lives on, etc. Both are GTK hackers.

To track down some early gvfs bugs in the asynchronous behavior I worked some time ago with Alexander Larsson
alexl AT redhat.com of nautilus and GVFS.

I've discussed GtkTextView issues with people from gedit, but I don't know their real names (and at the
moment I can't even think of their irc nicks).

[Application received at Fri Jan 27 11:56:21 2012 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an application to be fully
processed.