Re: Timeline for the upcoming elections

On Mon, February 20, 2012 7:11 pm, Tobias Mueller wrote:
Heya :)

On 21.02.2012 00:58, Brian Cameron wrote:
Can the calendar make it more clear when the new board takes over?
sure. Do you have a patch?

There are a couple of ways that we can do this, but this last year the new
board didn't really become active until the in person meeting at the
Desktop Summit.

Perhaps we should do that again - the new board becomes effective at the
July in person board meeting, but they are invited to listen and
participate (but not vote) after the election results are published,
before the GUADEC meeting. That way the current board will serve closer to
a full year and it also builds in a period of transition.

Does that sound right to everyone else?

karen