[gnome.org #13242] AutoReply: Application received from Miguel de Icaza (miguel AT gnome.org)

Your message about "Application received from Miguel de Icaza (miguel AT gnome.org)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #13242].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Contact Information
-------------------

Full Name: Miguel de Icaza
Email:     miguel AT gnome.org

Contributions Summary:
= Gtk =

I currently oversee and fund the development of bug fixes through Lanedo of the Gtk 2 stack, in particular
for OSX and Windows as this is what our MonoDevelop IDE is based on.   While the major focus is on making Gtk
a suitable toolkit for development on OSX and Windows, some of the bug fixes are general and also apply to
the original Linux port.

Most of our contributions are being upstreamed by the guys at Lanedo that we are funding.

= MonoDevelop =

I oversee, manage and fund the development of the MonoDevelop IDE.   MonoDevelop is a cross platform IDE that
runs on Linux, MacOS and Windows and is used to create a wide range of applications: GUI applications with
Gtk, Console applications, web applications using ASP.NET and is focused mostly on C#, although our
extensible addon architecture allows third parties to register addons for other programming languages like C,
C++ and F#.

= Mono =

I continue to lead the Mono effort, an open source implementation of the .NET framework that powers various
open source server and desktop applications.   Although there were too many antibodies that prevented Mono
from being adopted as the tool of choice for developers on the Linux desktop, it has been adopted by hundreds
of video games.

Most video games are commercial, but thanks to Mono, MonoGame and Unity, these video games are now coming to
Linux either as part of projects like the Humble Bundle, where I believe about a third of the games were
ported from Xbox or pure C# to Linux to new games being published on Steam, the Google Chrome store with
Native Client or directly native games that run on Linux.

I am still romantically hoping that Mono will have a comeback in the desktop, as the Gtk# 3.0 support
stabilizes.

= Advocacy =

Where appropriate, I continue to advocate for the Gnome desktop when Linux deployments take place.   I am no
longer working for Novell in a Linux capacity, so my contact with organizations looking at adopting the Gnome
desktop has diminished, but it keeps being a dream close to my heart.

Foundation Previous Participation:
I founded the Gnome project with Federico Mena in 1999.

I was part of the Gnome Steering Committee that lead to the creation of the Gnome Foundation.

I was on the board of the Gnome Foundation for many years.

I have advocated, lobbied and pushed for Gnome, Open source and the Linux desktop for many years.

[Application received at Tue Dec 18 18:31:25 2012 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an application to be fully
processed.