Re: [gnome.org #11851] GNOME Foundation Membership - Denied

Dear Andrea.

We regret to inform you that your application to the GNOME Foundation
Membership has been denied.

We encourage you to continue your efforts as a GNOME ambassador and
GNOME promoter, so you can reapply for membership and hopefully join the
Foundation in a few months.

We actually tried to ping your sponsor for around one month now but we
never received any answer from them. Since contacting vouchers/sponsors
before sending an application to the committee is usually one of the
applicant's duties to take care of before applying, we are sorry to deny

Sorry, that was not known to me. Besides that I am personally not such a
big fan of 'you have to be recommended by two project members'
application process. I would rather like to let my activities speak

your membership at this time. (we weren't able to check any other
contribution made to the project since no links or other references were
added to your application)

Recently I have done the GNOME 3 Release Party in Zurich, e.g.:

http://live.gnome.org/ThreePointZero/LaunchParty/Switzerland/Zurich

The Membership Committee uses the Membership Policy at
http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/ to determine eligibility.
Please review this policy if you believe this determination was
made in error. You can send questions to this committee by emailing
membership-committee gnome org

You are free to re-apply at any time if you have additional information
which you feel will help illustrate your eligibility to us.

My future plan is to set up a Swiss GNOME User Group in the next few
month. After this has been set up (and hopefully a success), I would
like to re-apply.

Greets
Marcus

Kind Regards