Re: [gnome.org #11323] Application received from Yaron Shahrabani (sh.yaron AT gmail.com)

On Sun, Jan 9, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Andrea Veri via RT <
membership-applications gnome org> wrote:

Hey Yaron,

I was reviewing our tickets queue and found yours. (sorry for the delay)

Nah, that's okay...

Could you please answer to the following mail?

Yeah sure â

------> Mail content

Dear Yaron,

I was selected to help with committin by Yair Hershkovitz <yairhr AT
gmail.com>, which is the Hebrew team leader, and Mark Krapivner
<mark125 AT gmail.com> which is a team member

Unfortunately, none of them is an active GNOME foundation member.

I see... Maybe Aron Xu <happyaron xu gmail com> although we are not members
of the same team.

For what its worth I'm an official Ubuntu and Fedora member (The only one in
Israel).

I'd really like to process your application and make you a foundation
member. I believe, that will give your engagement a boost and make you
more comfortable and confident in your Free Software activities. I
can't, however, assess your contributions based on the contacts you gave
me.

I didn't make any connections inside GNOME, I can filter my name in Git so
you can see how much work have I done on translation but I'm more involved
at the operating system communities and less inside the GNOME community.

So do you have other contacts within the GNOME community?

Its based mostly on personal contacts?

Cheers,
Tobi
for the Membership and Elections Committee

<------- Mail content end

cheers,

Kind regards,
Yaron Shahrabani .

Andrea

I was reviewing our tickets queue and found yours. (sorry for the delay)
Nah, that's okay...

Could you please answer to the following mail?
Yeah sure â

------> Mail content

Dear Yaron,

> I was selected to help with committin by Yair Hershkovitz <yairhr AT
> gmail.com>, which is the Hebrew team leader, and Mark Krapivner
> <mark125 AT gmail.com> which is a team member

Unfortunately, none of them is an active GNOME foundation member.
I see... Maybe Aron Xu <happyaron xu gmail com> although we are not members of the same team.

For what its worth I'm an official Ubuntu and Fedora member (The only one in Israel).

I'd really like to process your application and make you a foundation
member. I believe, that will give your engagement a boost and make you
more comfortable and confident in your Free Software activities. I
can't, however, assess your contributions based on the contacts you gave
me.
I didn't make any connections inside GNOME, I can filter my name in Git so you can see how much work have I done on translation but I'm more involved at the operating system communities and less inside the GNOME community.

So do you have other contacts within the GNOME community?Â