[gnome.org #12178] AutoReply: Application received from Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse (jasper AT humppa.nl)

Your message about "Application received from Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse (jasper AT humppa.nl)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #12178].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Jasper Lievisse Adriaanse
E-mail: jasper AT humppa.nl
git.gnome.org username (if any): jasperla

maintainership for all GNOME related parts in OpenBSD. This currently means that (together with ajacoutot
openbsd) I maintain roughly 200 ports.
This eventually evolved into my own one-man company where I am employed
to maintain and package GNOME on OpenBSD. All of that work has been directly given back to OpenBSD and GNOME.
In 2007 I gave a short presentation about this on an OpenBSD conference in Venice:
http://openbsd.org/papers/opencon07-gnome.pdf .

In the past years I have been actively contributing patches to bugzilla to help with projects portability to
non-Linux platforms, and to OpenBSD in particular. Among many committed patches this resulted in receiving
write access to git.gnome.org earlier this year. One of my main contributions has been to implement a
separate OpenBSD backend for libgtop, as well as committing various patches from other BSD contributors to
libgtop.

Contacts:
Colin Walters <walters AT verbum.org> - Colin vouched for me in order to receive commit access to
git.gnome.org. I have submitted various patches for various projects to deal with GObject Introspection
issues, which have been reviewed by Colin. In the absence of an active maintainer for certain projects, Colin
gave me a green light to commit a patch.

Frederic Peters <fpeters AT 0d.be> and German Poo Caamano <gpoo AT gnome.org> have been working on libgtop
and as such committed and commented on patches I submitted.

- As mentioned above I am an OpenBSD developer (since 2006) and since 2007 I have been actively working on
the GNOME2, and more recently GNOME3, ports. Being a recognized developer of both projects would inforce the
bond and show that the GNOME project values downstream maintainers for non-Linux platforms. As least, that
how I would see it.

- For the upcoming September issue of BSD magazine (http://bsdmag.org/) I have written an article on libgtop.
Here I described the project as well as the efforts of porting it to OpenBSD.

[Application received at Tue Aug 30 13:46:09 2011 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the Membership Committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that it usually takes up to a week for an application to be fully
processed.