[gnome.org #11621] AutoReply: Application received from Miguel de Icaza (miguel AT gnome.org)

Your message about "Application received from Miguel de Icaza (miguel AT gnome.org)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #11621].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Miguel de Icaza
E-mail: miguel AT gnome.org
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): miguel
git.gnome.org username (if any): miguel

use in the Gnome stack.

Detailed description:
As a manager at Novell, most of my work is coordinating a team whose goals is to improve the developer
experience for Unix users and to extend the reach of the Mono, Unix and Gtk+ APIs across multiple platforms.

Part of my team's effort is to bind Gnome APIs, starting from Gtk+ going up to higher level APIs to access
them from C# and any other Mono-powered languages as well as providing the tools necessary to use them.

My team is in charge of building the Gtk+ based MonoDevelop IDE that can be used to create both desktop and
server applications with support for C#, Vala and Python (although we only contribute directly to the C#
component of it).   My team also maintains the Mono bindings for Gtk+, the documentation for it, and the
distribution of Mono with Gtk+ on OSX and Windows.

Additionally, I am involved in ensuring our continued investment on the Linux and Gnome desktops at Novell.

As for my personal contributions that go beyond what the team that I steer does:

* Documentation:

Maintain parts of the Gtk# documentation to use with C# and other Mono languages.

* Steering development to Gnome Technologies

Package, distribute, document and distribute the Gnome development stack as part of Mono on OSX and Windows
to give the Gtk+ stack a larger user base.

Contacts:
Aaron Bockover (abock AT novell.com) (Banshee developer)
Ruben Vermeersch (rubenv AT gnome.org) (F-Spot developer)
JP Rosevar (jpr AT novell.com) (Novell Desktop Coordinator)
Lluis Sanchez (lluis AT novell.com) (MonoDevelop maintainer)

Pointers:

[Application received at Wed Nov 10 21:09:42 2010 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.