[gnome.org #11294] AutoReply: [RENEWAL] Application received from John Carr (john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk)

Your message about "[RENEWAL] Application received from John Carr (john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #11294].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: John Carr
E-mail: john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): Jc2k
git.gnome.org username (if any): johncarr

Previous GNOME Foundation member: yes

Detailed description:
In the past 2 years i've made several large contributions, including writing a patch to let JHBuild use
system installed dependencies, updating the JHBuild branch that can build Debian packages and refreshing the
JHBuild desktop testing patches. Also spent time improving SVN, Bazaar and Git support in JHBuild to ease the
transition from SVN to $DVCS.

I wrote (based on earlier ones that wouldnt scale and werent considered acceptable by sysadmins) the set of
JHBuild patches that led to the build.gnome.org we know and love today.

I added SyncML support to Conduit, as well as improvements to its DBus API.

I contributed some minor fixes to Vala code and bindings, as well as writing a simple tool for generating
python bindings from Vala (as a demonstration of its API).

I've contributed to the pyclutter-gtk bindings, including adding Standin, Actor and Window coverage.

I was a GSOC Mentor for 2008 and 2009.

I founded the current sysadmin team.

Before the git migration, i hosted (at my own personal expense) and maintained git, bzr and hg mirrors of the
Git SVN repositories.

In the past few months i've changed jobs and havent had as much time for GNOME upstream work. But I am
working upstream on changes to buildbots "Start VM on demand" features, but then plan to try and update
build.gnome.org to 0.8.0 and finish my JHBuild / CLang static analysis patch.

Contacts:
Paul Cutler <pcutler AT gnome.org> (worked with him on sysadmin team)
FrÃdÃric PÃters <fpeters AT 0d.be> (JHBuild maintainer)
Alberto Ruiz <aruiz AT gnome.org> (was sat next to me in office through a lot of this)

Pointers:

[Application received at Sat May 29 10:10:37 2010 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.