[gnome.org #11078] AutoReply: Application received from Thorsten Prante (thorsten AT prante.eu)

Your message about "Application received from Thorsten Prante (thorsten AT prante.eu)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #11078].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Thorsten Prante
E-mail: thorsten AT prante.eu
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): thorike
git.gnome.org username (if any):

Detailed description:
When Seif Lotfy saw Federico's Journal Mockups from the GNOME 2008 Boston Hackfest, he felt remembered of my
PhD project and contacted me. Ever since, weâve been working together on Zeitgeist and the related UI
projects. Seif and all the other gorgeous Zeitgeist team members made me become an open-source and GNOME
enthusiast. Not to mention the experience of participating in GUADEC/GCDS 2009.

As I am writing up my PhD, I didnât contribute much in coding yet, but rather shared my experience from
building an event-logging framework and related user interfaces (ContextDrive & ReflAction Journal). As a
researcher in computer science with a focus on UX, I helped designing the (GNOME) Activity Journal, but also
helped Seif designing the first versions of the Zeitgeist engine. I mentor his studies at the Darmstadt
Technical University, which currently includes a project report about Zeitgeist and his Zeitgeist-related
bachelor thesis. I am the Zeitgeist teamâs research backup and link to academia. Finally, I applied to be a
GNOME GSoC mentor for Zeitgeist-related projects. My new blog is at http://reflaction.info/.

Contacts:
Seif Lotfy, seiflotfy AT googlemail.com
Federico Mena Quintero, federico AT novell.com
Stormy Peters, stormy AT gnome.org

Pointers:

[Application received at Wed Mar 31 23:50:09 2010 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.