[gnome.org #11073] AutoReply: Application received from William Kahn-Greene (willg AT bluesock.org)

Your message about "Application received from William Kahn-Greene (willg AT bluesock.org)" has been received
and assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #11073].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: William Kahn-Greene
E-mail: willg AT bluesock.org
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any):
git.gnome.org username (if any):

Detailed description:
GNOME Journal article:

I wrote an article on GNOME Miro Community for GNOME Journal in the April 2010 issue.

http://gnomejournal.org/article/92/gnome-miro-community

GNOME Miro Community:

I created and curate the GNOME Miro Community which brings GNOME-related video into a single curated index
regardless of where the video exists on the Internet.  This will make it easier for the various groups in the
GNOME community to build video assets and host them according to their needs while reducing the current
problem where GNOME videos are all over the place and hard to find.

Material in GMC is accessible through the web-site and podcast clients (Banshee, gPodder, Miro, etc.).

One of the useful outcomes of doing this work was pulling in the GUADEC 2009 videos with title, description
and tag metadata making them easier to find.

Additionally, I'm working with the GNOME Marketing team to make sure that video assets created for and
promoting GNOME 3.0 work is pulled into GMC to enjoy wider audiences.

http://gnome.mirocommunity.org/

Contacts:
Paul Cutler (pcutler AT gnome.org) (GNOME Journal Editor; he suggested I join the GNOME Marketing list)

David Neary (dneary AT gnome.org) (Advice on GNOME Miro Community; he pointed me to additional videos to add)

John Palmieri (john AT redhat.com) (Advice on GNOME Miro Community; he blogged about the site in November
2009)

Pointers:

I'm a developer for Participatory Culture Foundation and work on Miro and related applications.  Miro uses
GNOME technologies on both GNU/Linux and Windows platforms, so GNOME technologies play a huge role in my
day-to-day work.

I think my contributions so far are nascent, but I've enjoyed friendships with many GNOME contributors over
the years, I value the work that GNOME is doing and I want to increasingly be a part of this community.

[Application received at Tue Mar 30 23:27:26 2010 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.