Re: [gnome.org #8778] Application received from Joseph Pingenot (gnome-foundation-application AT digitasaru.net)

Hey,

(disclaimer: I seem to not like writing this mail, which is why I
always bury it in my mail stack and then forget about it.)

I originally encouraged Joseph to apply for membership, because I've
considered him a participant of GNOME for so long and even remember
having him help me in my early GNOME days on IRC.
He has never participated - as in committed to VCS, triaged bugs,
written articles or similar - in any of the projects I've been
involved in, and I thought the people of the projects he was involved
in would speak up for him. Apparently there were no such projects.

That said, I'd be happy to see him welcomed into the GNOME foundation
even for just his hanging out on IRC and helping people there.

Benjamin

On Thu, May 13, 2010 at 5:18 AM, Bruno Boaventura via RT