Re: Fwd: Application received from Adrien Bustany (madcat AT mymadcat.com)

On 23/10/09 13:50, Adrien Bustany wrote:

Hello GNOME membership committee,

Is it possible to get this application processed soon? This has been in the works for a bit too long IMO and Adrien has code we want to migrate to GNOME's git repository. Of course we can do this for him, but he also should be able to commit to the Tracker project.

I would appreciate it if you could fast track this application.

Thank you,

Original email below:

-------- Mensaje original --------
Asunto:         Application received from Adrien Bustany (madcat AT mymadcat.com)
Fecha:  Fri, 21 Aug 2009 19:01:08 +0000 (UTC)
De:     GNOME Foundation Membership Committee Script
<membership-committee gnome org>
A:      membership-applications gnome org
CC:     madcat mymadcat com

Name: Adrien Bustany
E-mail: madcat AT mymadcat.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): webustany
svn.gnome.org username (if any):

Detailed description:
My main contribution to GNOME has been for Tracker (which is not yet a GNOME module, maybe soon ?) as a
Summer of Code this year. I've been designing a way for Tracker to index remote resources like Flickr,
Facebook etc. Tracker was already beginning to split the indexer component of the storage component (which is
being proposed a GNOME module), so basically I coded several standalone indexers that connect to remote
webservice and pull metadata into the Tracker Store. As these indexers have a lot of needs in common, some
code is factored into a shared lib (meanwhile, something similar was being developped in Tracker although I
didn't hear of it... We're now merging the two libs).
This allow applications to see not only local data, but also remote, reinforcing the integration of GNOME
with remote services.

Earlier (two years ago), I also participated in the Google Highly Open Participation Contest and wrote some
patches for GThum and libexiv.
For GThumb, I fixed the documentation of the crop tool, and completely rebuild the script launching system
which was quite limited. It used to be limited to 10 scripts with fixed hotkeys, now you can have an
arbitrary number of scripts, as well as dynamic hotkeys (and the default scripts names are translated).
I also worked on normalizing the display of metadata between EXIF and XMP. This required patching both GThumb
and libexiv.

Contacts:
Rob Taylor (rob.taylor AT codethink.uk) (has mentored my GSOC)
Alberto Ruiz (aruiz AT synaptia.net) (has worked with me on Tracker)
John Carr (john.carr AT unrouted.co.uk) (has worked with me on Tracker)
Richard Hughes (richard AT hughsie.com) (I work with him on PackageKit)

Pointers:

I'd also like to quickly present the rest of my work, in the non GNOME world :
- I'm the maintainer of the PackageKit Qt bindings, for almost 2 years now (working with Daniel Nicoletti,
the developper of KPackageKit). Yes, I'm a GNOME user, and I develop KDE software sometimes...
- I've been working last summer on KDE-Nepomuk (what ?? more KDE software ??). This gave me a good insight on
what the semantic desktop is about, and gave me the will to develop it for GNOME :)

Oh, and I have two GNOME t-shirts ;-)

[Application received at Fri Aug 21 19:01:08 2009 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.

--
Regards,
Martyn