Re: Candidacy for GNOME board election

Hiho everybody :)

Lionel Dricot wrote:
In order to make the choice easier for the voter, we ask you to create a
page about you on the wiki :
http://live.gnome.org/BoardElections2009
(click on your name)

> [...]
Besides those minimal informations, you are entirely free. You can
update your page as late as you want. (The URL of those pages will be
publicly announced on June 3rd)

I'm asking myself whether it's possible to mark the page as immutable then. Having a decision to make based on on a webpage everybody can edit sounds uncomfortable.

OTOH, a forged email can be send in a candidates name as well and the candidate has to clarify quickly. One could argue, that it's the same with the wikipage: The candidate has to react quickly to remove or comment intimidating content.

But I think it'll be no problem if one could mark a page as immutable. Is it?

Cheers,
  Tobi