Re: GNOME Board elections 2009 (draft)

Heya :)

Lionel Dricot wrote:
I didn't have much comment so may I send the following version ?
[...]
Sorry for nitpicking now instead of a couple of days ago :-/

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Oyez, oyez, oyez dear GNOME foundation members!

As you should know, the GNOME foundation is run by a board of 7 directors
known as "The Board"(1). After 18 months of active duty, it's now time
to refresh either the blood or our confidence. Which means :
[...]
*WHO WILL VOTE*

Every GNOME foundation member listed on the website.(2). If you are not
listed, you have until the 1st of June to contact the membership
committee. If you receive a mail to ask you to renew your two years
membership, you have until the 1st of June to reply.
[...] (2) http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php

Well, technically, this is not correct, I guess, because the people listed on that site are members *now*, but not necessary by the time of the election.

One question that arises: When is the last date people have to be a foundation member to be eligible to vote? There is http://foundation.gnome.org/elections/2009/ which currently links to http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/members.php?date=2009-06-03 which, obviously, references 2009-06-03. I selected that date because it made the most sense to me: A person is eligible to vote if she is a foundation member. As one day is actually enough to vote, it's okay if the membership would end at the day the voting begins. Any objections?

Btw: the page from 2007 doesn't help me answering that question, because it only shows the last date for applying as a member and not the last date at which one has to be a member to be eligible to vote.

If there aren't any objections, I think we should follow-up on the mails to foundation-list and foundation-announce and make clear that there might be people who have to renew their membership status.

Cheers,
  Tobi