Re: GNOME Board of Directors Foundation Elections Spring 2009 - Preliminary results

Hi,

Dave Neary wrote:
A small correction to explain exactly how random transfers work:

Well, actually, I just found out from the OpenSTV guys, that how Filippo said is how they work.

In count 1, Vincent has 60 votes, they're shoved into a stack. The top 33 votes from the stack get redistributed in count 2. No randomness at all, no shuffling, and we don't look at the distribution of the 2nd preferences to calculate who gets what.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary