[gnome.org #8188] AutoReply: [RENEWAL] Application received from Diego Escalante Urrelo (diegoe AT gmail.com)

Your message about "[RENEWAL] Application received from Diego Escalante Urrelo (diegoe AT gmail.com)" has
been received and assigned a ticket ID [ gnome.org #8188].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Diego Escalante Urrelo
E-mail: diegoe AT gmail.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): diegoe
svn.gnome.org username (if any): diegoe

Previous GNOME Foundation member: yes

Tour), GNOME SoC mentor, local promotion, serving at the Board

Detailed description:
Last two years I kept working in Epiphany UI and general patches; just this week I committed woohoo bar[0], a
really cool thing :-).
I also triage bugs when time allows me[1], marking duplicates or just checking if they still apply, although
lately marking duplicates is -hopefully- really hard since the bugsquad team expanded :-).

When possible, I try to contribute patches to other modules[1], like last week when I finally committed a set
of patches to remove libgnomeui from gnome-applets.

Also I have been helping in organizing events, in Lima we held Involucrate+GNOME, a nice experience where we
got guys from Chile and Colombia. Later on the year (last year) we put together the GNOME Latin America Tour
with GermÃn and Izabel.

Regarding local promotion, I have been invited to various events and conferences to talk about GNOME, which
of course I did.

Since -more or less- December I'm serving in the Board of Directors, where I hope to kick ass :-).

On the misc notes, from time to time I try to help in Debian packaging of GNOME with bug triaging and patches
and help the Spanish l10n team when possible (mainly release-notes), also I'm trying to push the creation of
an interest group around GNOME in PerÃ.

0 - http://www.gnome.org/~diegoe/stuff/woohoov2.png
1 - http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describeuser.cgi?login=diegoe%40gnome.org

Contacts:
Christian Persch (chpe AT gnome.org) - Epiphany maintainer - can confirm that I still post patches, now a bit
less incomplete than before :)

Pointers:

Makes me warm and fuzzy inside to remember what I have done over the last two years :-P

[Application received at Thu Jan 22 12:18:30 2009 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.