[gnome.org #7041] AutoReply: Application received from Filippo Argiolas (filippo.argiolas AT gmail.com)

Your message about "Application received from Filippo Argiolas (filippo.argiolas AT gmail.com)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #7041].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Filippo Argiolas
E-mail: filippo.argiolas AT gmail.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): fargiolas
svn.gnome.org username (if any): fargiolas

Detailed description:
Cheese:
- fixed several blocker bugs that made video recording almost unusable
- improved the thumbview and the whole thumbnail generation code
- added support to directly delete files without moving them to trash
- minor UI improvements
- lot of work on cheese bugzilla, fixed several crasher bugs, lot of triaging activity. Take a look at my
bugzilla accout (filippo argiolas gmail com) for detailed listings.
- summer of code work on gst-plugins-gl that will hopefully be supported by cheese for gnome 2.26

Summer of Code - Gstreamer GL Plugin:
As a Google Summer of Code 2008 Student I developed a new set of OpenGL based gstreamer effects that take
advantage of modern gpu capabilities using programmable pipeline and GL Shading Language shaders.
As said previously I'm going to work on cheese to add support for them for 2.26.
I also helped to find and solve several bugs on gst-plugins-gl and I'm still an active developer of that
plugin.
Detailed informations about the work I did within the summer of code can be found on gnome-soc-list archives
(reports with subject "Cheese and OpenGL - nth weekly report") and on my blog at http://fargiolas.netsons.org.

GNOME Mastermind:
It's a little game I wrote some time ago, not directly part of the gnome project but uses most of its
tecnologies and integrates nicely with the other gnome games.

Other:
I made also several trivial contributions.. mostly bug reporting, fixing, triaging, some minor patch for
gossip, etc.

Contacts:
Primary contact:
- Daniel G. Siegel (dgsiegel AT gnome.org) (cheese-maintainer and my mentor for gsoc 2008)

Other people who could help if needed (gnome-it friends):
- Emmanuele Bassi <ebassi AT gnome.org>
- Cosimo Cecchi <cosimoc AT gnome.org>

Pointers:

Some references that could be useful:
- blog: http://fargiolas.netsons.org
  (if you want to know more about me, seems down at the moment but should be up again soon)
- gst-plugins-gl: git://diracvideo.org/git/gst-plugins-gl.git
- gsoc code samples: http://google-summer-of-code-2008-gnome.googlecode.com/files/Filippo_Argiolas.tar.gz
  (complete set of patches written during summer of code made with git-format-patch)
- gnome-mastermind: http://www.autistici.org/gnome-mastermind (or gnome-mastermind on svn.gnome.org)

Seems all to me, if you need anything else please let me know!
Thanks

Filippo Argiolas

[Application received at Mon Sep 22 13:19:42 2008 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.