[gnome.org #4459] AutoReply: Application received from Michael Monreal (michael.monreal AT gmail.com)

Your message about "Application received from Michael Monreal (michael.monreal AT gmail.com)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #4459].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

For accounts and membership tickets you can always see the current status of your ticket by visiting:
  http://www.gnome.org/rt3-stats/
Note: 'Waiting for' is a best effort guess.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Michael Monreal
E-mail: michael.monreal AT gmail.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): monreal
svn.gnome.org username (if any): mmonreal

and Ubuntu

Detailed description:
The first version of GNOME I ever used was pre-1.0. Since then I have closely followed it's development. I am
using GNOME as my primary (and only) desktop since around the time of 1.2 release. My real involvement began
during the time leading to the 2.0 release. I have since filed over 500 bugs (not counting related projects
and my old account, which was sadly lost at some point) and over time got myself moderation rights on
bugzilla. I regularly comment on my own and other's bugs and I try to find duplicates and related problems,
also on downstream bugtracking systems like Ubuntu's Launchpad. My involvement grew from a simple bug
reporter to a stage where I tried to fix the problems and also started to lock for places where I could do
small feature improvements on my own. Last year I was asked to get an SVN account, so that I could check in
my own patches. Today I have at least some kind of code contribution (with mention in ChangeLog) in at least
26 modules on the GNOME SVN
  server and about 20 more in related projects (various 3rd party GTK apps like Pidgin, Transmission, the
Pimlico PIM tools and others). Over the last 6 month I have also been very active in Firefox 3 development,
helping to make it integrate better into the GNOME desktop and at the same time, trying to polish rough edges
in GNOME for the 2.22 release.

Contacts:
Andreas Nilsson (andreas AT andreasn.se) (Designer); Srinivasa Ragavan (sragavan AT novell.com) (Evolution
developer); Lapo Calamandrei (calamandrei AT gmail.com) (Icon theme developer); Philippe Rouquier (philippero
AT libertysurf.fr) (Brasero maintainer)

Pointers:

It will be 10 years of follow GNOME development this summer for me. I can't believe how time flies... but
also it is very impressive to see how far GNOME (and Free Software in general) has come over the years. I'm
very pleased and proud to be part of it. I'm also quite pleased with my contributions, especially over the
last year, and this is why I hope that my application will not be rejected. Thanks in advance!

[Application received at Tue Mar 4 20:27:31 2008 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.