Re: [gnome.org #5027] GNOME Membership Application of Serdar Cicek (serdar AT nerd.com.tr)

On Mon, 2008-06-09 at 12:06 +0000, Bruno Boaventura via RT wrote:
Dear Baris,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee needs more information to
process the application of Serdar Cicek. Since [he/she] has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Serdar Cicek has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

At your service,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee

Dear Committee Members;

Serdar has been serving for Turkish GNOME Translation team for last two
years and more actively for recent versions of GNOME (2.20 and 2.22). He
has translated dozens of packages and also updated some packages
mid-release.

Moreover I've encouraged him to apply for membership to foundation for
his invaluable work for GUADEC 2008. I could not achieve lots of
important bits about GUADEC without his work. He was mostly direct
contact for local stuff about GUADEC 2008 organization.

I totally endorse his membership to foundation. Although it's been years
I know him using and contributing GNOME someway, I feel that it's best
time for him to apply for membership and he fully deserves that.

Regards,
Baris Cicek