Re: Membership Committee

On Mon, 2008-04-28 at 20:13 -0300, Bruno Boaventura wrote:
Dear Foundation Board,

Hi Bruno,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee is experiencing
difficulties. I'm being forced to do all the work due to the fact that
other members do not have their accounts active in Mango and RT
(Request Tracker) and no one managed to solve that problem yet. Can
anyone help us?

Last time I looked into it, the mango issue about one MC member was not
something that regular AT members (like me) could solve and needed an
admin to look into it.  That's why it was stalled.

I don't know if the Accounts Team is experiencing problems too and I
don't want to "embrace the world", but I think I can help at Accounts
Team too. I think we have someone in MC that is part of the AT would
be great.

I think what would be even more productive would be to have a network of
people that work together as a team and make sure all requests are
handled smoothly.  It used to be like that two years ago when I joined
AT.  There were a few of us and we constantly talked about all
outstanding issues and tracked them.  The some left the team, some
others where frustrated by the web tools (myself included), and new
members joined the team.  Since then though, I get the idea that it's
about half a person that is active in AT at any given point in time.

Anyway, there's not much board talk needed here.  You can simply contact
-infra list or current AT leads and offer your help.

Best regards,

Bruno Boaventura

behdad
http://behdad.org/