Re: Preparing elections of the new board

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 09:33 +0530, Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay wrote:
On 9/28/07, Anne Ãstergaard <anne oestergaard nu> wrote:

 Can any one explain to me why did it have to take almost a year for
Izabel to get an account?

There has been an ongoing issue with the Accounts Team (Baris can sum
it up more concisely than I can) which never did get formally written
to any list (or if I know correctly privately on mail). Creation of
Accounts for the LDAP is (rightly so too) not what MC does and all we
have done is keep on pegging away at this issue.

This means that she has not been able to do any work for MC for such a
long time.

In my eyes this is an example of what might very well turn persons who
want to do some work off.

I could not agree more and I'd say I am ashamed about this happening.
One of the reasons we were happy with the new members to the MC was
the notion of inclusiveness which we wanted to take much beyond token
"names on the board". This, has not happened. And however much we say
that MC could not push things beyond their control, it has happened
and in some small way we are also part of it.

I agree with you.

But a committee should mail the board and tell what needs to be done and
why.

We have a hand full of similar examples and the board is aware of it and
is trying hard to find ways to fix this, and similar (mainly sys admin)
problems.

Regards

Anne