Re: Preparing elections of the new board

On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 21:52 +0200, Anne Ãstergaard wrote:
On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 16:02 +0300, Baris Cicek wrote:
I'm going to send Call for Volunteer e-mail to foundation-list today.
I've added Izabel to CC list. Her account problem should have been fixed
by now.

 Can any one explain to me why did it have to take almost a year for
Izabel to get an account?
The problem is totally not related with committee at all. One of the
accounts team member hesitated to create LDAP (mango) account, I've told
several times that his concerns should be clarified else should be
shared by board, and before GUADEC I guess we sorted it out with this
accounts team member.

This means that she has not been able to do any work for MC for such a
long time.

In my eyes this is an example of what might very well turn persons who
want to do some work off.

I know, but creating accounts is really not in our hands, with enhanced
mango these things will happen faster, besides for new volunteers I
believe we should give those having LDAP accounts priority in order to
make account creation process faster. (It's just matter of adding to MC
group for those already having LDAP account)

I'm not quite sure if she needed to post another request to
accounts team though, if so Izabel please retry your request.

You might want to ping her after some weeks. The Brasil conference that
she organises starts tomorrow. So she might have quite a work load in
the next days.
I'll ping her, I hope she hasn't lost her interest after a year. :(

We need three new volunteers for committe, considering me, Lucas and
Sankarshan wanted to leave the committee and if Izabel would like to
stay on the committee.

Thank you very much for this information.
I'm waiting for Sankarshan's reply, he told me that he wanted to leave,
but he better state it in here as well. Hopefully he's not busy now and
changed his mind. That way we will have someone experienced on the
committee for next years.

Kind regards

Anne