Re: New membership committee members

Hi to everyone on the mail,

On 11/6/07, Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr> wrote:

Fernando, Bruno and Luciana expressed their interest in volunteering for
membership committee due to vacancies on the committee.

Awesomeness. Welcome Fernando, Bruno and Luciana.

Since Izabel received her accounts, we are five people on the committee
and I'll leave the committee after new formed committee starts to
function well.

Welcome to Izabel too.

Please subscribe to membership-committee gnome org mailing list first.
There are plenty of information about how committee works on
http://live.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee/ and there's Sankarshan's
README as well for quick information. (attached)

The README is primarily aimed at a quick overview of things before you
delve deep into the Membership Committee section on the wiki. So, I'd
request that you read it and jot down the questions if any for
discussion during the meeting (coming to it in a while)

We need some work for running election so faster we arrange a meeting/
more new volunteers can contribute to committee.

My part of the world sees a standstill due to the Festival of lights
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diwali in case you are interested), that
means that we can choose to meet this week. I am placed UTC+0530
(that's Indian Standard Time) but don't let that bother you too much
about a comfortable time for everyone. The important issue at this
stage is to meet.

Some urgent things on top of my mind are:

The ones below would be very important in view of the upcoming elections.

1) Processing applications before voting period starts
2) Preparing questions for candidates
3) Updating foundation.gnome.org for election news
4) Preparing calendar in .icv format

Looking forward, the documentation on the wiki would need some love.

Welcome once again

Regards
Sankarshan

ps: I took board list off the Reply since the content might not suit the list.

--
From Untruth, lead me to the Truth,
From Darkness, Lead me towards the Light,