[gnome.org #2614] AutoReply: Application received from Sjoerd Simons (sjoerd AT luon.net)

Your message about "Application received from Sjoerd Simons (sjoerd AT luon.net)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #2614].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Sjoerd Simons
E-mail: sjoerd AT luon.net
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): sjoerd
svn.gnome.org username (if any):

Telepathy hacker (mainly telepathy-salut)
Ruby GNOME bindings

Detailed description:
* Debian
  I'm part of the pkg-gnome packaging team in debian. Also i'm the
  ``leader'' of the pkg-utopia team, which packages software like
  avahi, dbus, gnome-volume-manager and hal. Which means my main works
  is ensuring that those technologies are properly integrated into
  debian and that GNOME in debian can and will use them out of the box.

* Telepathy
  I'm the Author of telepathy's link-local connection member called
  Salut. While telepathy isn't part of GNOME yet, we (as in the
  telepathy people) hope it will become the standard for IM in the
  gnome desktop. As part of this i've also contributed to the
  telepathy backend of gossip. Which has become a nice technology
  demo for telepathy on the desktop. And obviously i'm also packaging
  Telepathy for Debian. For example gossip-telepathy has been
  available in debian experimental for quite some time now

* Ruby GNOME
  I'm the maintainer of the ruby gstreamer 0.10
  (https://trac.luon.net/ruby-gstreamer0.10) bindings and contributer
   to ruby-gnome2 to ensure it provides a proper basis
  for ruby gstreamer. Obviously these projects allow people to write
  applications for GNOME using ruby and gstreamer.

Next to this i've done various contributions to hal,
dbus and gstreamer

Contacts:
Jordi Mallach <jordi AT debian.org> (Debian gnome packager)
Loic Minier <lool AT dooz.org> (Debian gnome packager)
Xavier Claessens <xclaesse AT gmail.com> (Gossip telepathy backend maintainer)
Robert McQueen <robert.mcqueen AT collabora.co.uk> (Main telepathy guy)
Masao Mutoh <mutoh AT highway.ne.jp> (ruby-gnome2 maintainer)

Pointers:
Various other usefull links:
Dbus:
http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/dbus/dbus/AUTHORS?revision=1.12&view=markup
Hal:
http://gitweb.freedesktop.org/?p=hal.git;a=blob;h=704db491c6726271ca89045d4af7f32eae58011d;hb=6707997f7c0dbcdd1033709feb7cae273bbe5990;f=AUTHORS
Gstreamer:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/releases/gstreamer/0.10.12.html
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/releases/gst-plugins-good/0.10.5.html

As part of this years Summer of Code i'd like to mentor http://www.barisione.org/blog.html/p=80 (If it's
accepted obviously).

[Application received at Wed Mar 21 13:05:05 2007 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.