Re: Non foundation member contacts

On 3/20/07, Lucas Rocha <lucasr gnome org> wrote:

Question: should we accept non foundation members as contacts on
membership applications?

IMHO, it doesn't make sense to get feedback from someone who is not
part of the foundation as our acceptance process is based on
peer-recognition.

Normally we ask for a GTP contact if it relates to GTP projects (all
failing one sometimes bugs Christian Rose) else for a project that is
related to GNOME one tends to assess the quantum of contributions.
There has been exactly two instances when I had to process tickets
with the same issue but an iteration over mail figuring out a GNOME
Foundation member did help. For example, right now I guess xiph.org
does not have too many Foundation members yet there has been
substantial contributions from that project - one has to keep digging
away a bit. Troublesome no doubt but sometimes it pays off.

In recent times there has been an increasing number of Foundation
member contacts not responding :(

:Sankarshan

ps: By the way, I updated the FormLetters page to include Requesting
Information from Applicant

--
From Untruth, lead me to the Truth,
From Darkness, Lead me towards the Light,