[gnome.org #2572] AutoReply: Application received from Michael J. Chudobiak (mjc AT avtechpulse.com)

Your message about "Application received from Michael J. Chudobiak (mjc AT avtechpulse.com)" has been
received and assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #2572].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Michael J. Chudobiak
E-mail: mjc AT avtechpulse.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): mjc
svn.gnome.org username (if any): mjc

Detailed description:
I started contributing to Gnome by triaging gThumb bug reports, which were out of control because no one else
was triaging them. Since then, I've closed > 600 bugs.

As I grew more familiar with the code through triaging, I identified some key weaknesses in gThumb. Most
notable was the broken Exif orientation tag support, which caused compatibility issues with other programs
(like F-Spot). I proposed a "line of attack" (bug 343867), and coordinated the efforts of several
contributors until we finally fixed the issue.

I also arranged (i.e., paid for) coders to develop a red-eye removal tool, and a patch to move from
libgnomeprint to gtkprint.

As my coding ability grew, I wrote patches to:
- Allow gThumb to launch video and audio clips
- fully support gnome-vfs
- add RAW and HDR photo support
- add programmable hotkeys
- add mousewheel navigation
- add sort by comment and sort by Exif time
- fix many other bugs, major and minor

I have allow encouraged others to contribute to gThumb, by providing feedback, patch review, and quick
commits. In particular, I've helped guide these new contributors:

  Manuel Braga <mnulbga gmail com>
  Jef Driesen <jefdriesen hotmail com>
  Rennie deGraaf <degraaf cpsc ucalgary ca>
  Joakim Larsson <joakim bildrulle nu>

The gThumb author, Paolo Bacchilega <paobac cvs gnome org>, has added me as a "Main Developer" in the AUTHORS
file.

I have commit access to svn.

I use gThumb daily at work, and I hope to keep it alive and active to ensure its long-term success.

Contacts:
Paolo Bacchilega <paobac AT cvs.gnome.org> (gThumb author)

Hubert FiguiÃre <hub AT figuiere.net> (foundation member, libopenraw author, I used his library to add raw
thumbnailing to gthumb)

Pointers:
Check the gThumb svn commit log for mjc (me).
I have 18 points on bugzilla.

[Application received at Wed Mar 7 8:57:05 2007 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.