Re: [gnome.org #2197] GNOME Membership Application of Mart Raudsepp

On Tue, 2007-06-05 at 22:11 +0000, Lucas Rocha via RT wrote:
Dear Daniel Gryniewicz,

The GNOME foundation membership committee needs more information to
process the application of Mart Raudsepp. Since he has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Mart Raudsepp has made for the GNOME community in
recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to help us to make
a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying the applicant as
a foundation member.

At your service,

The GNOME Foundation Membership Committee

Hi Lucas and Membership Committee.

Mart is one of the members of the GNOME herd for Gentoo.  He has be
quite active in supporting GNOME on Gentoo, in finding and fixing bugs,
and in pushing those fixes upstream.  He's been quite helpful to me and
to the community of GNOME users on Gentoo.

Currently, no active GNOME herd members on Gentoo have developer status
upstream with the GNOME project, and I believe this has caused problems
both for Gentoo and it's GNOME users, and for Gentoo's relationship with
the GNOME project in general.  Mart wants to help be that liaison
between Gentoo's GNOME community and the GNOME project.

If you have any other questions for me, or need any other information,
please feel free to ask.

--
Daniel Gryniewicz
Gentoo Gnome Lead / Gentoo AMD64 Team / AMD64 Operational AT Lead