[gnome.org #2250] AutoReply: Application received from Diego Escalante Urrelo (diegoe AT gmail.com)

Your message about "Application received from Diego Escalante Urrelo (diegoe AT gmail.com)" has been received
and assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #2250].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Diego Escalante Urrelo
E-mail: diegoe AT gmail.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): dieguito
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): diegoe

little patch for libbonoboui.
Lots of marketing on my local scene.

Detailed description:
First of all, let me set my locale: I'm from Lima, PerÃ. My mother tongue is Spanish
but I don't have problems with English and little bits of Portuguese.

I started last year (2006) around February to contribute trying to fix gnome-love bugs,
first with Zenity and then with Epiphany.
From then on I kept contributing to Epiphany participating in the mailing list,
bug triaging and creating patches.
You can check a list of patches I have sent[0], most of them were hopefully accepted.

I got my CVS (now SVN) account a week ago, I already did some commits to epiphany and
epiphany-extensions modules. You can check those logs[1]. They are minimal since all
my patches have been submitted (mostly) by Christian Persch who is the Epiphany maintainer.
I'm mentioned as "patch by Diego Escalante Urrelo" on each of those commits however.

While my most notable presence in the international GNOME world is in Bugzilla[2],
I do continuous propaganda and marketing for GNOME and its products on local conferences or
free software related events.
Recently I gave some talks about GNOME Contributing[3] on a province of Lima and
PyGTK[4] on a benefical conf.
This Saturday 13th January we will have a workshop about how to get involved with free software
projects, there will be 3 workshops: 2 about Debian, 1 about GNOME Bugzilla.
I'll be giving the GNOME Bugzilla one. This event has been organized by a team of people from
a local LUG: DebianPerÃ, I'm part of this team.

Outside of that, I'm a permanent lurker of #bugs, #epiphany, #gnome, #gnome-love,
#gnome-hispano and the not less popular #gnome-hackers. I try to answer questions to new people
and in the process I ask a lot of things :). Check my list of reference individuals for the ones
marked as "I ask him/her a lot of questions".

On the misc. field, I try to write about GNOME on my tech blog[5] and sometimes on my personal blog[6].

[0] -
http://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&short_desc_type=allwordssubstr&short_desc=&long_desc_type=allwordssubstr&long_desc=&status_whiteboard_type=allwordssubstr&status_whiteboard=&keywords_type=allwords&keywords=&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&resolution=FIXED&resolution=WONTFIX&resolution=DUPLICATE&resolution=NOTABUG&resolution=NOTGNOME&resolution=INCOMPLETE&resolution=INVALID&resolution=GNOME1.x&resolution=MOVED&resolution=OBSOLETE&resolution=NOTXIMIAN&resolution=---&emaillongdesc1=1&emailtype1=exact&email1=diego%40aureal.com.pe&emailtype2=substring&email2=&bugidtype=include&bug_id=&chfieldfrom=&chfieldto=Now&chfieldvalue=&cmdtype=doit&order=Reuse+same+sort+as+last+time&query_based_on=Patches%2C+listing&field0-0-0=attachments.ispatch&type0-0-0=changedby&value0-0-0=diego%40aureal.com.pe
[1] - http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/epiphany/trunk/ChangeLog-20061106?rev=6668&view=markup
    - http://svn.gnome.org/viewcvs/epiphany/trunk/ChangeLog?view=markup
[2] - http://bugzilla.gnome.org/describeuser cgi?login=diego aureal com pe
[3] - http://www.nuevomilenioperu.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=68&Itemid=46
[4] - http://www.linux.org.pe/pipermail/linux-plug/2006-December/007914.html
[5] - http://diego.aureal.com.pe/
[6] - http://diegoe.blogspot.com/

Contacts:
People I have get to know closely:
Christian Persch (chpe gnome org) - Epiphany maintainer. (I ask him a lot of questions)
Reinout Van Schouwen (reinouts gnome org) - Epiphany contributor, non coder however.
Wouter Bolsterlee (uws gnome org) - Epiphany contributor, Evince and Muine developer.

People that I haven't get to know too much but still have seen me around:
Davyd Madeley (davyd madeley id au) - Seen me a lot on #gnome-hackers asking
Olav Vitters (ovitters gnome org) - Approved my CVS account request :)
Lucas Rocha (lucasr gnome org) - He guided me when I was trying to contribute to Zenity (he's the maintainer)
and also he received a lot of questions from me :)
And some others who have helped me with endless lists of doubts about C and GTK+ on #gnome-hackers.

URL references are on the previous textarea to keep them in context.

The textareas before this one are too small, you should make them bigger. Or maybe I wrote too much...

Will I have a cute @gnome.org alias? :)

Thanks for your time.

[Application received at Tue Jan 2 1:43:30 2007 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.