Re: [gnome.org #4158] GNOME Membership Application of Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay

Hi Bruno,

2007/12/14, Bruno Boaventura via RT <membership-applications gnome org>:
Dear Lucas,

The GNOME foundation membership committee needs more information to
process the application of Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay. Since he has listed
you as the primary contact, the committee would like you to list the
contributions that Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay has made for the GNOME
community in recent times. Your input will be greatly appreciated to
help us to make a fair and informed decision in the granting or denying
the applicant as a foundation member.

Yes, Sankarshan has done an awesome work as a member of membership
committee. I fully support him as a foundation member.

P.S.: Lucas, I think we not need that information, Sankarshan was a
Membership Committee member and he's doing awesome work on Indian
comunity. Should he already be a member? Thanks! Bruno

Yes, you do need that information. Mostly for documenting the
acceptance or rejection decision. You should never just accept someone
without any response from referenced contacts because the membership
acceptance is based on peer recognition. Your role as MC member is to
make sure the applicants are recognized by others in the community
before being accepted.

I hope this helps. :-)

Cheers!

--lucasr