Re: GNOME Foundation Elections - Ballots sent

Hi Alan;
On Sun, 2006-11-26 at 15:15 +0000, Alan Horkan wrote:
I'm not on the list so it seems as if I have neither received a ballot nor
been asked to renew my membership, which I had no reason to believe had
expired.  (I'm an admin on the usability mailing list and although not as
active as I might like to be still very much a Gnome supporter.)

I would very much like to exercise my right to vote in this years
foundation elections.  It is possible that some email was sent to my old
address <horkana tcd ie> rather than <horkana maths tcd ie> but I was
pretty sure I signed up to Gnome using only the latter more reliable
address.

I do hope this can be resolved in time for me to vote.

Also I search the list for Alan and see Alan Cox isn't on there either
which seems odd but perhaps he allowed his membership to lapse.  I do not
see Dom Lachowicz, one of last years candidates for election on the list
either.
We have send renewal notices last week. And according to our records you
should get that renewal notice with your e-mail address "horkana tcd ie"
that might be the reason that you did not see that.

So you want this e-mail address to be changed? If so, please request to
renew your membership using
http://foundation.gnome.org/membership/application.php form, and you
will get your ballot on 3rd of December. You will be able to vote before
16th of December.

I hope this explain it. For other members you mentioned situation is
that they can renew their membership before 2nd of December to vote on
running election (ie. receive ballot).

Thanks in advance

Sincerely

Alan Horkan