[gnome.org #2049] AutoReply: [RENEWAL] Application received from Joe Shaw (joe AT assbarn.com)

Your message about "[RENEWAL] Application received from Joe Shaw (joe AT assbarn.com)" has been received and
assigned a ticket ID [gnome.org #2049].

There is no need to reply to this message right now, but if you have anything to add to the issue please

You will receive another message once your issue has been solved, or if we need more information from you.

Yours,
 GNOME.org Sysadmin Team
 membership-applications gnome org

Name: Joe Shaw
E-mail: joe AT assbarn.com
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): joe
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): joeshaw

Previous GNOME Foundation member: yes

developer: achtung, gnome-canvas, Ximian/Novell desktop, Red Carpet, HAL, D-Bus, netapplet, contributions to
many modules including Nautilus, Bonobo, and GTK+, Project Utopia, maintainer of Beagle.

Detailed description:
I was one of the developers of the Achtung presentation program in 1999.  I contributed the rich text canvas
item to gnome-canvas around the same time.  I was one of the two original developers of Ximian Desktop in
2000, and still work on GNOME-related technologies today for Novell.  I was one of the original developers of
HAL, which is used heavily today by GNOME.  I was an early contributor to D-Bus.  One of the two original
developers on the netapplet tool, for selecting wireless networks.  Lots of bug fixes, etc. on various
modules, largely as a result of my work on the desktop team at Novell.  Started Project Utopia, an effort to
improve integration of desktop software with hardware (as a result, CUPS-desktop interaction, NetworkManager,
gnome-power-manager, gnome-volume-manager, etc.).  Today I am the lead developer and maintainer of Beagle,
which has integration in GNOME programs like Nautilus, Yelp, and Deskbar.

Contacts:
Nat Friedman: nat novell com, hired me at Ximian
Miguel de Icaza: miguel novell com, hired me at Ximian
Federico Mena: federico ximian com, co-worker on Novell desktop team
Robert Love: rlove rlove org, teammate

See my previous application.

[Application received at Sun Nov 26 19:15:30 2006 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.