Chairman, Board of Directors
GNOME Foundation
Email: bolsh gnome org
--- Begin Message ---

Name: Dave Neary
Email: dneary free fr
Affiliation: Wengo

Hi,

I have spent a lot of time thinking about whether I will run for the
board this year. In the end, I feel very invested in the success of the
foundation, and I feel like we have made huge progress in the past two
years. I really want to be part of keeping and growing the momentum we have.

Over the past two years, I've played a part in increasing the
transparency of the board's functions, improving our relations with the
advisory board, getting new members on that board, and in event
organisation and fundraising.

All of that is ground work for fulfilling the role I would like to see
the foundation have in the community - we are looking for a business
development director, who will work to increase the budget through
fundraising and partnerships. With that increased budget, I would like
to see the foundation grow - I would like to see us hire a bugmaster to
ensure that downstream distros benefit from their collective work. I
would like to hire a full-time editorial resource for our user and
developer websites. I would like to see the foundation invest heavily in
documentation, and ensure that high-quality, up-to-date, printed
documentation exists for the platform and for users. I would like to see
the foundation invest also in marketing, listening to ISDs, distributors
and users and ensuring that that feedback gets fed back into the
development cycle.

I hope to play a part in realising this vision, if it's shared by the
community and my fellow board members. And so, I propose myself as a
candidate for the upcoming board elections.

Cheers,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary