Re: GNOME Foundation 2006 BoD election

On 31/10/2006, at 10:07 PM, Baris Cicek wrote:

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Baris Cicek <baris teamforce name tr>
To: Gnome Membership Committee <membership-committee gnome org>
Cc: Sankarshan Mukhopadhyay <sankarshan randomink org>, ;Clytie Siddall
<clytie riverland net au>, ;izabel spet br
Subject: GNOME Foundation 2006 BoD election
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 13:25:35 +0200

Hi;

Can we have a meeting before starting preparation for 2006 BoD elections
as membership committee?

I propose 6 pm (GMT) at #membership irc gnome org today if nobody has
postpone request.

I only just saw this email now:

2006-11-01 15:47+1030

Is the meeting on today?

When I've participated in IRC meetings before, it's really helped to have a link to the World Clock page for the time of the meeting. Then you know the exact date and time in your timezone.

And since I'm at +1030 (Adelaide, South Australia, daylight savings time), it's not that easy to find times that work for me, and for other people in Asia, which also work for Europeans and Americans.

So a bit more notice is also handy.

I haven't had a chance to do any GNOME membership work yet, since there are two major first-time releases for us (Debian and OpenOffice) breathing down my neck until early December. I hope to fit some activity in during that time, but it will be difficult. I volunteered before things got so frantic, so I feel bad about it. :(

from Clytie (vi-VN, Vietnamese free-software translation team / nhÃm Viát hÃa phán mám tá do)