Re: Draft candidacy announcement (Disclamer: No official value)

On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 17:12 +0200, Baris Cicek wrote:
Here's the draft candidacy list
---------------

The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee is pleased to
announce the final list of candidates running for the 2005 elections.

You will find the list of candidates, the invalid nominations and the
calendar of the elections below.

Official list of candidates
---------------------------

1. Jonathan Blandford
2. Behdad Esfahbod
3. Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller
4. Quim Gil
5. Dominic Lachowicz
6. Federico Mena-Quintero
7. David Neary
8. Bastien Nocera
9. Germán Poó Caamaño
10. Vincent Untz
11. Luis Villa
12. Jeff Waugh
13. Anne Østergaard

Are these intended to be in any particular order?  If in alphabetical by
last name, I'd place Anne between Bastien and German, and Christian
should be sorted by Schaller, nor Fredrik, putting him between German
and Vincent.

This list, a summary of each candidate's statement and a link to each
candidate's candidacy can be found at:

http://foundation.gnome.org/elections/2005/candidates.html

Baris will soon send questions to the candidates to launch a debate on
foundation-list. Feel free to participate to the debate.

Invalid nominations
-------------------

There's no invalid nominations for this election.

Timeline
--------
(all deadlines are 23:59 UTC/18:59 EST)

   November 2005
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
       1  2  3  4  5
 6  7  8  9 10 11 12
13 14(15)16 17(18)19   list of candidates closed (15th)
20(21)22 23 24(25)26   questions are sent to candidates (21st)(We're
here)
                       list of candidates announced (21th)
27 28 29 30          ballots are sent (25th)

Original schedule had the list of candidates sent on the 16th, and
hopefully the questions sent on that day or the next.  This should have
kicked off the discussions.  Discussions on the list have been
non-existent so far.  We are sending out the list of candidates 5 days
late.  I'd like to at least have the option to extend the discussion
period.

For me personally, I either vote the first day the ballots are sent, or
I forget, and don't vote at all.  The only way extended discussions are
useful to me is if we push back all the dates from the ballot sending
onward by however much.

I could still be convinced that changing the dates is a bad idea,
though.

   December 2005
Su Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa
             1  2  3
 4  5  6  7  8(9)(10)  ballots must be returned (9th)
                       preliminary results announced (10th)
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22(23)24   challenges to the results close (23rd)
25 26 27 28 29 30 31

In the case of a tie, another round of votes will happen after the
preliminary results are announced.

Questions
---------

For more information, please look at the elections procedures at
http://foundation.gnome.org/elections/2005/rules.html. If you have any
questions, feel free to send them to elections gnome org or to
foundation-list gnome org

The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee