subscription to foundation-announce

Fellow membership-committe members,

I am processing some new foundation member applications. As outlined
in doc/howto-process-applications.txt, I need to subscribe them to
foundation-announce (step 5) before sending them their acceptance
letter (step 6).

I contacted foundation-announce-owner on how we can do this, and
Daniel Veillard replied back. He told me that they (newly accepted
members) can just subscribe themselves to foundation-announce.

Does this mean we (membership-committee) can skip step 5 and tell them
(newly accepted members) to subscribe to foundation-announce on their
own? This means we have to "change our workflow". Should we do this?

I noticed that Sankarshan is one of the foundation-announce-owner. If
so, can Sankarshan help with subscribing new foundation members?

Other ideas are welcome.

Sincerely,

-Eddy Mulyono
GNOME Membership Committee