Application received from Claudio Saavedra (csaavedra AT alumnos.utalca.cl)

Name: Claudio Saavedra
E-mail: csaavedra AT alumnos.utalca.cl
irc.gnome.org nickname (if any): claudio
cvs.gnome.org username (if any): csaavedr

Detailed description:
* GNOME Chile member.[1]

  I've been an active contributor of GNOME Chile during one year.
Now the guys considerate me part of the team and I'm proud of it.

* GNOME Development in Chile advocacy.[2]

  I've given a couple of talks about some elements of the GNOME
Development Platform and about my little experience in contributing to
GNOME development.

* Gyrus hacker and maintainer.[3]

  I've been hacking on gyrus for about 2 years and am the currently
maintainer and main hacker.

* Spanish documentation about GNOME development platform.[4][5]

  I wrote a little document in Spanish about integrating autotools with
libglade in order to start a GNOME project. I wrote it when i was just
beginning with GNOME development so it is not too complete and accurate.

  I also wrote part of the GtkTreeView chapter from the "Libro GNOME",
the Spanish guide to GNOME development.

* Assorted patches.

  I've sent patches for gtkmm documentation and gnome-keyring-manager.

[1] http://www.gnome.cl
[2] http://www.gnome.org/~csaavedr/talks/
[3] http://gyrus.gnome.cl
[4] http://libros.es.gnome.org/librognome/
[5] http://www.gnome.org/~csaavedr/documents/usinglibglade/index.html

Contacts:
Fernando San Martín W. (fsmw gnome org) (GNOME Chile); Rodrigo Moya
(rodrigo gnome-db org) ("Libro GNOME" coordinator); German Poó Caamaño (gpoo ubiobio cl) (GNOME Chile).

Looking forward, I'm interested in getting more involved in the
development of the desktop and development platform.

Also I would like to be part of the foundation because as a latin
american, I can help expresing my viewpoints to make GNOME closer to our
needs, by voting in the Board elections.

[Application received at Fri Jul 8 17:13:28 2005 (Eastern time)]

If you have any questions, you can contact the membership committee by
replying to this mail. Please note that the delay for your application
to be processed can be up to one month.