Back into action !

Hi all,

It's been a long time since we've last been really active. Now is the
time to wake up :-)

As you've probably seen, I've tried to process the latest applications.
We're now waiting for answers of the contacts for the remaining
applications.

I've added today a doc/ directory in our cvs module. I've tried to
explain various things about the committee. I'd really like if you could
review the files there. committee-role.txt and how-we-work.txt are two
brand new files. I'll soon add a howto-elections.txt file (I've all the
notes here, just waiting to be written correctly).

As some of you already know, I'll leave the committee soon. But before
doing so, there are some things I'd like to do:

  + finish howto-elections.txt
  + send renewal notices
  + process all the remaining applications and be up to date
  + discuss some things with the board (more on this later)
  + some small changes to the foundation website
  + find new members for the committee

Any help on any of these items is of course welcome!

I'll probably leave the committee before we get the anonymous voting
platform and the new membership database. However I'm planning to stay
involved for these two items after having left the committee.

Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressÃs.